What is it?
Invoice Manager for Excel is an invoicing software program that:
- runs inside Microsoft Excel on Windows,
- turns a simple Excel template into a powerful invoicing system.
Why is it unique?
By leveraging both the front-end Microsoft Excel and back-end database systems, Invoice Manager for Excel offers features that could be hardly found in pure-Excel solutions and traditional invoicing systems:
- hundreds of professional invoice templates,
- intuitive and easy-to-use layout,
- automatic invoice numbering,
- customizable form layout,
- custom fields,
- define cell relationships by using Excel formulas,
- easily generate and send PDF invoices
And there are many more! Try the fully functional trial version to see how it works for you!
No matter which edition you use (the Microsoft Store edition or the Desktop edition sold via PayPal), you can always download and use our customized invoice templates for free.
If you have very special requirements, we can also offer the service of creating a customized template. For simple customization, we can do it for free. For complex requirements, we may need to ask for a service fee. Please send us your requirements as detailed as possible. We’ll let you know whether we can create the custom form for you and, if it is possible, what the price is.
Two release channels
Invoice Manager for Excel is released in two editions or release channels: the desktop edition and the Microsoft Store edition. The two editions share exactly the same invoice template and database file format. That is, you can move templates and databases from one system to another without making any additional modifications.
However, the architectures of these two types of apps are different. The table below shows the key differences between the two apps.
|Desktop Edition||Microsoft Store Edition|
|How to install||Download from the product page and then run the setup program.||Install from Microsoft Store.|
|How to start Invoice Manager||Run Microsoft Excel.||Run Invoice Manager for Excel once. This installs an add-in for Excel. |
Once the add-in is installed, you can open any template just like you would with the desktop edition.
|Licensing||Lifetime license. |
Each computer requires its own license.
|Subscribe from Microsoft Store. |
One subscription allows you to install the app on up to 10 devices.
The desktop app offers two pricing levels.
|Feature||Being able to share a database on a LAN allows more than one users to work on the same database concurrently, sharing information such as customers, products, invoices, and payments.||In addition to all the features provided by Invoice Manager for Excel Net, The Enterprise edition also supports a new database type, SQL Server, which enables you to put your database online and access it via the Internet. |
Programmable: call the features and functionalities of Invoice Manager for Excel from your own VBA macro code.
|Free Upgrade Period||1 year||2 years|
- Microsoft Windows 11/10/8/7
- Microsoft 365, Excel/Office 2019-2013
Invoice Manager for Excel supports both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Excel and Windows.
Note that it requires the standalone (locally installed) desktop version of Excel or Office. For now, it does not work with Office 365 subscriptions that run purely inside a web browser. However, many subscription plans for Office 365 include licenses for the desktop version of Office.
Invoice Manager (Lite)
Invoice Manager (Lite) is a free Excel web add-in app that helps you create invoices easily with more than 400 free Excel invoice templates. Although not as powerful as Invoice Manager for Excel, it does save you time on invoicing.
- Click the "Clear & New" button to clear the template so that it is ready for your next new invoice.
- Fill in the invoice date automatically (optional).
- Automatic invoice numbering (optional).
Invoice Manager (Lite) saves all the setting values to the Excel template itself. This means:
- Each template could have its own settings that differ from the settings of other templates, including the automated invoice numbering.
- If a template is opened with Excel for Windows desktop, you have to save the template in order to persist the settings; If a template is opened with Excel for Office 365, by default, the workbook file is saved automatically unless you turn "Auto Save" off.
All the templates here on BoostExcel.com work with Invoice Manager (Lite).
How to remove the add-in
To remove the add-in program from your Excel:
- Start Excel as usual.
- Go to the "Insert" ribbon tab.
- Click "My Add-ins".
- Right-click the add-in name and choose "Remove".