Logo image and company information
Invoice Manager version 4.12 and higher
Click the "Replace Logo Image" button on the "Invoice" ribbon tab to replace the default logo image.
Push down the "Design mode" button on the "Invoice" ribbon tab to update the company information.
Invoice Manager version prior to 4.12
First, it is highly recommended to upgrade to the latest version.
If for some reason you cannot do the update, to replace the default LOGO image manually and enter your company information on the Invoice worksheet:
- Open your invoice template in Microsoft Excel.
- Switch to the "Invoice" worksheet if it is not active (or is not the current worksheet). Switch to the ribbon tab if it is not activated.
- If you are running an earlier version of Invoice Manager for Excel that does not provide the "Replace Logo Image" command, now you should unprotect the "Invoice" worksheet.
By default, the "Invoice" worksheet is protected to avoid overwriting formulas accidentally. To unprotect it, in Excel 2007/2010/2013/2016 clicktab / group / .
- Switch to design mode by clicking the "Design Mode" button on the ribbon.
- On the "Invoice" worksheet, enter your company information to replace the default text labels, such as your company name, address, and contact information.
- To further customize your logo image, or to add / replace the logo image manually, follow the steps below:
- Right click the Logo image, and select
- Click the
- Browse to the folder containing your icon file. Select and open the icon file.
- Close the dialog box.
- Drag the border of the image object to resize it, if needed.
If you don't need the LOGO image, follow the steps below.
- Click the LOGO image to select it.
- Hit DEL key on your keyboard.
- Deleting the LOGO image leaves an empty area to the left of the Company Information section. You may like to move the entire Company Information section to fill in the empty area. To do this: Drag your mouse to select the entire Company Information area, including Company Name, Street Address, City, ST Zip Code, etc.; Push your mouse key on the border of the selected area; drag it to the new location.
- Exit design mode, by clicking the button again.
- Protect the
In Excel 2007/2010/2013/2016, you can find the command in thegroup of the ribbon tab. worksheet.
- Save your invoice template by clicking button -> in Excel 2007, or by clicking -> in Excel 2010 and 2013/2016.
- Right click the Logo image, and select
Settings the number of taxes, for example changing from two-tax to one-tax, is implemented by hiding the tax rows on the worksheet. If you choose "One Tax", the first tax row identified by the "oknTax1" name is visible; if you choose "Two Taxes", both the rows identified by "oknTax1" and "oknTax2" names are visible.
This works well with the default invoice template shipped with Invoice Manager for Excel installer program, where the "oknTax1" and "oknTax2" names are put on two separate rows and no other critical content are located there.
However, if a template is deeply customized, for example the "oknTax1" and "oknTax2" names are moved to one row, or other fields are put on the rows where the "oknTax1" and "oknTax2" name reside, the feature of setting the number of taxes may not work properly. In this case, you need to customize the taxing cells manually by making the rows hidden or visible, or by moving the cells inside or outside the printable area.
To set up the taxing rules using the "Settings" window, follow the steps below.
- Click button on the worksheet to open the window.
- Choose your tax system: , , or . If you have 2 taxes, click the option so tax2 is calculated on the sum of the price+tax1. Fill in your tax names and percentages in the appropriate text boxes.
- Click .
- Close the window and return to Excel.
- Click the button on the Excel toolbar to save the modified workbook.
Additionally, each product has aattribute that controls whether the tax rate will be applied to the product. For each invoice, you can also set its tax rates and attributes.
Creating a new database (optional)
On a fresh installation, the default invoice template is connected with the sample.mdb database. This database is installed for demonstration purposes. You can use this database to try out how Invoice Manager for Excel works. After reviewing and testing the software, you will want to create a new database for your own data. To create a new database, follow the steps below:
- On the worksheet, click the button to open the window.
- Click the
- Click under the tab.
- Select a folder to store your new database file and enter the database file name. Click to create a new database file.
- If you want to open the newly created database for current workbook, click the button under the tab. Then select the database file you just created.
- If the database is successfully opened, the database name will be displayed below the label on the worksheet.
- The full path and file name of the database is stored in a hidden cell in the workbook. To make the workbook connect to/open the new database automatically next time you open it, click the button on the Excel toolbar to save the workbook.