You are safe to download the resources. We've added our digital signatures to the files.
Download this if you have already installed the Microsoft Store edition of Invoice Manager for Excel, and are looking for additional customized templates.
Download this if you want this design to be set as the default template by the installer program.
Screenshots and Images
The printed version.
Open the template in Excel.
A default value is the value assigned to a field or cell. The value of the cell must be changeable / editable, but if it is not changed or edited, the default value appears on invoice and save to database.
If you click "Clear & New", the current invoice on the form is cleared and a default value is assigned to each field. These default values fall into 3 categories.
The first category includes the special fields, including "invoice date" and "invoice#". The "invoice date" is filled with the current date. "Invoice#" is blank; but if you click "Save To DB" and leave the "invoice#" blank, a new sequentially increasing invoice number is generated automatically based on the previous numbers.
The second category includes "Payment Term", "Shipping Method" (or "Shipping via"), "Customer Category", "Product Category" and "Sales Rep. Name". The default values of these fields can be changed manually by following the steps below.
- Click "Settings".
- Go to the "Misc Data" tab.
- Modify the default values, or change the drop-down list by clicking one of the "Edit" buttons.
- Once finished, click the "Apply" button.
The third category includes all the other fields on the sheet. These fields are filled with a default value of an empty text string, or numeric value zero. By assign an empty text string or zero values to these fields, the "Clear & New" button makes the form clean, so that it is ready for you to create next invoice. What if we want to assign a non-empty text to the one of the fields?
The following tutorial takes c2005 print shop invoice template as a sample, and add non-empty default value to the first "Description".
- Before you begin, make sure you have created a backup copy of the template, so that you can restore to a working version easy.
- Open the template.
- Switch to design mode by clicking the "Design Mode" button on the "Invoice" ribbon tab.
- Choose an empty (not used) area outside of the printable invoice form to place the editable field. In this sample, we choose Q30:U37. Click the "Merge and Center" button on Excel "Home" ribbon tab.
- Name this cell "oknDescriptionManual".
- Click to select the first "Description" cell on the invoice detail section.
- Add formula for this cell:
=IF(oknDescriptionManual="","Print documents, A4 paper",oknDescriptionManual)
This formula means that, if "oknDescriptionManual" is empty, then show the default value "Print documents, A4 paper"; otherwise show the text from the "oknDescriptionManual" cell.
- Click the "Design Mode" button again to exit design mode. Starting from Invoice Manager for Excel version 5.25, the "Design Mode" button takes care of the "locked" property so that you don't have worry about this.
- Click the "Invoices" button on the ribbon tab.
- Click "Custom Fields".
- Click "Add Field".
- Input new field information - name: DescriptionManual; size: 100.
- Click "OK".
- Close other windows.
- By define the manually editable fields as a custom field, we make sure it is saved to the backend Access (or SQL Server) database whenever an invoice is saved. This ensures the previously saved invoices could be completely restored at a later time.
Feel free to visit our editable invoice templates gallery.
Note: Be sure to replace the "Your Business ID# or TIN#" on top of the sheet with your TIN# - this could be your social Security Number, Employer Identification Number, Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, ATIN or PTIN. See Taxpayer Identification Numbers (TIN) for more information. Visit our tax invoice templates for more samples.
Format and Specification
|Name||Simple Sample - Default Value|
|Category||Service Invoice Template|
|Release Date||Saturday, January 6, 2018|
|Format (XLS or XLSX)||.xlsx|
|Line Height (Points)||15.75|
|Papaer Size / Orientation||Portrait|
|Default Margins (Points)|
|System||Windows 7 and later, and Excel 2007 and later.|