What is an invoice generator?
An invoice generator is a tool that helps you to generate invoices and bills easily. The easiest way to create an invoice is by using a template.
- The template provides the basic and essential format and layout, so when creating an invoice all you need to do is to fill the blank fields.
- Ideally the template should be able to do calculations of taxes, discounts and totals.
Our free Excel invoice generator templates published here on InvoicingTemplate.com meet the above requirements. While there are Word invoice templates available on the Internet for free, Excel is far better in doing calculations, which make our templates the ideal free invoice makers.
Why choose our invoice creator template?
Today we have hundreds originally designed templates published here on InvoicingTemplate.com.
- Unique designs. All templates are created by our staffs.
- Intuitive and easy to use. Our generators are designed in a what-you-see-is-what-you-get way. Creating invoices in minutes even you are new to invoicing.
- Upgradable. If a simple invoice generator is not enough as your business grows fast, simply download and install Invoice Manager for Excel. The template becomes a powerful invoicing system. Watch our movie tutorial to find out how to create invoices easily.
Best of all, if you use the Enterprise edition of Invoice Manager for Excel, our invoice template is able to connect with online database. This way, the online invoice generator allows you to share data with mobile devices.
Here are our templates closely related to Excel Invoice Generator Template - 20 Results Found.
Simple Consulting Invoice Template
As a consultant you need a beautiful invoicing template to bill your clients, yet the template should be simple and easy to use. Simple Consulting Invoice Template might be your choice for creating invoices.does not include the shipping address section on the printable invoicing form. If you need the shipping address fields, try
Excel Retail Invoice Template
The default tax rate is 8.735%. This assumes a New York retailer, where the NY State Sales and Use Tax is 4% and the Metropolitan Commuter Transportation District surcharge of 0.375% for a total Sales and Use Tax of 8.875 percent. This is suitable for most personal property (i.e. alcohol, furniture, electronics, etc.) See New York State Sales and Use Tax and Selling products or services for more information. If you sell alcoholic beverages, there are special invoice requirements.
Medical Invoice Template (1)
If you use the Invoice Manager for Excel edition of this template, note that an invoice is marked as "paid" if the "Balance Due" cell is zero. By default, a paid invoice is not editable. Contact us for a hidden option if you need to be able to edit paid invoice. This design also implements a new feature, that if you fill in the "card holder name", the invoice will be paid. For this reason, if you run the Statement report, the "payment total" calculation will not work. We recommend you to remove this part from your statement report. This is because the template allows you to enter payment information on the invoice form; there are no separate payment records.
Medical Billing Format
This Excel medical invoice template is suitable for general hospital, pharmacist, clinic and home health agency that is giving out the bill, and could be by a doctor, physician, medical expert or medical center to indicate the amount of expenses against medical services or treatment in details provided by them to a patient.
Australian GST Invoice Template (2)
As detailed on the Australian Taxation Office web site, the invoice layout should include sufficient information to ascertain:
Now by using the Format Painter of Excel, you can easily copy the conditional formatting of the first GST Amount cells to the other GST Amount Cells on the invoice body.
Sales Invoice Form with Discount Percentage
Hotel Receipt Format with Blue Gradient Design
- Backup the template (as always).
- Switch to design mode by clicking the "Design Mode" button on the "Invoice" ribbon tab. All the template here on Invoicing Template are protected by default, but with no password set. The purpose of enabling protection is to prevent end users from altering the design of the template accidently.
- Select all the cells on the top line that we'll marge, in this case, $D$3:$N$3.
- On Excel "Home" ribbon tab, click "Merge and Center".
- Right-click the merged cell and choose "Format Cells".
- Switch to the "Fill" tab.
- Click "Fill Effects".
- From "Colors" section, choose "Two colors", make the "color 1" is white and "color 2" is blue.
- From "Shading Style" section choose "From corner".
- Click one of the fill effect from the "Variants" section.
- Click OK to close the "Fill Effects" dialog box.
- Click OK to close the "Format Cells" dialog box.
- "Your Hotel Name" is a placeholder for your hotel / business name. Before you can create your first invoice, you need to replace it with your business name.
- The "RECEIPT" title is now implemented as a text box. Compared to regular text on the spreadsheet form, adding text and label using text box gives you more options on formatting and placing text. Click to select the "RECEIPT" title, the "DRAWING TOOLS / Format" ribbon tab appears, where you have full control over the style and appearance of the text box. In this sample, we simply choose one of preset WordArt Style.
- Once you've done customization on the hotel receipt template, click "Design Mode" button again on the "Invoice" ribbon tab to exit design mode. This protect the "Invoice" worksheet and hide gridlines and row/column headings.
- Click the Save button on Excel quick access toolbar to save the template.
Hotel Guest Folios with Satisfied Business Traveler
This hotel guest invoice / guest folios / guest bill format includes spaces for hotels / motels to detail number of guest(s), Room No., Arrival Date, Arrival time, Departure date, Departure time. To beautify the form design an image of a satisfied business traveler is added.
Five Price Percentage Levels (Service, Custom Column)
This is the eighth sample of the multiple-price serial invoice templates. The template uses percentage discounts, and has no shipping fields.
Since the template is based on the standard invoice template shipped with Invoice Manager, it will support all the powerful features provided by Invoice Manager, such as storing data in database, automatic invoice numbering, etc. Whether you are a freelancer designer or sell goods, it offers all the required fields. The translation from English to Esperanto is done with an online tool. The text translated are shown below.
Excel Quotation Template
Excel Payment Voucher Template
The original voucher template, Payment Voucher Template (Golden Shop), has a custom field Weight defined in both the Product and Invoice Body database tables. With this general purpose Excel Payment Voucher Template, InvoicingTemplate.com removed the Weight custom field from it and made it a general purpose voucher template.
Work Invoice in Excel
The columns are titled with "Hours" and "Hourly Rate". However we didn't change the underlying database field names. So in the underlying database, which could be either Microsoft Access or Microsoft SQL Server, the corresponding fields are still "Quantity" and "Unit Price". Nearly all invoice templates created for hours worked take the same approach. The purpose of this is to simplify database design. Likewise, the field titled with "Work Description" is in face the "Notes" field in the underlying database.
Commercial Invoice for Export in Excel
However before using the commercial invoice template to create your first commercial invoice, there are some one-time job you should do, that is to enter your own company information and replace the default logo image. Before you can do this type of customization, you have to firstly unprotect the invoice form, and then switch to design mode.
General Quote Template for Excel
Due to this difference, it is important to clearly identify the document type on the header - whether it is a quote or an estimate. It is also useful, at least in some business areas, to include an expiry date on the document, if your prices are subject to change on the time. In this sample, we added it as a custom field "ExpiryDate". This field is defined as "text (100)" in the backend Access database, and the corresponding cell is named "oknExpiryDate" on the top quote form.
Building Construction Bill Format
Like other templates here on InvoicingTemplate.com, this template for civil construction contractor is an Excel spreadsheet template. It works with Invoice Manager for Excel, but could be used standalone for billing construction projects. As an Excel workbook file, it do calculations automatically using Excel formula functions. Compared to construction invoice templates in Microsoft Word / Office or PDF format, this is one of big advantage of Excel ".xlsx" or ".xls" file formats.
Job Estimate Template for Excel
With Invoice Manager for Excel, the auto-generation of invoice# (in this case, estimate# or quote#) is based on a counter stored in the backend Access database.
Donation Receipt Template for Excel
First of all, the most important item to include on the receipts is the name and status of charity / organization name. It must be a non-profit, meaning you have 501c3 status under the federal government. In our donation receipt design, we simply used the fields that are usually for seller information, located on the top of the Excel form.
Jamaica Tax Invoice Template
- Words "Tax Invoice" (shown prominently)
- Date of the taxable supply
- Serialized number of the tax invoice
- Name, address and GCT registration number of the Registered Taxpayer issuing the invoice
- Name and address of the Registered Taxpayer to whom the taxable supply is made
- Quantity and description of the taxable supply
- Amount of the consideration payable on the taxable amount
- Rate of tax and the amount of tax payable
- Total amount of the consideration and the GCT.