You are safe to download the resources. We've added our digital signatures to the files.
Download this if you have already installed the Microsoft Store edition of Invoice Manager for Excel, and are looking for additional customized templates.
Download this if you want this design to be set as the default template by the installer program.
Screenshots and Images
The printed version.
Open the template in Excel.
The design of this receipt template is based on is based on c7005 Hotel Receipt Template. This revised edition includes basically the same fields as the original design, but added several blue gradient elements to make it beautiful.
Compared to the Hotel Receipt Template (Template# c7001 here on InvoicingTemplate.com) , with this design, we removed vertical bar on the left since starting with Invoice Manager for Excel version 4.x, we have a task pane shown by default on the left size of the Excel spreadsheet. All the magnifying glass icons from the receipt form because with the new invoicing software, we introduced the "on-sheet picker" feature which shows a little button dynamically when a supported cell / field is selected, which provides the "pick from a list" function exactly as the original magnifying glass icons.
With this revised template, we added a blue gradient bar to the top of the invoice / receipt form. Excel is able to applied gradient fill effect to a single cell or several cells that are merged into single unit. So in this layout, we merge all cells on the top line into one and place the hotel name (motel name) there.
So to create this blue gradient bar, we followed the steps below.
- Backup the template (as always).
- Switch to design mode by clicking the "Design Mode" button on the "Invoice" ribbon tab. All the template here on Invoicing Template are protected by default, but with no password set. The purpose of enabling protection is to prevent end users from altering the design of the template accidently.
- Select all the cells on the top line that we'll marge, in this case, $D$3:$N$3.
- On Excel "Home" ribbon tab, click "Merge and Center".
- Right-click the merged cell and choose "Format Cells".
- Switch to the "Fill" tab.
- Click "Fill Effects".
- From "Colors" section, choose "Two colors", make the "color 1" is white and "color 2" is blue.
- From "Shading Style" section choose "From corner".
- Click one of the fill effect from the "Variants" section.
- Click OK to close the "Fill Effects" dialog box.
- Click OK to close the "Format Cells" dialog box.
- "Your Hotel Name" is a placeholder for your hotel / business name. Before you can create your first invoice, you need to replace it with your business name.
- The "RECEIPT" title is now implemented as a text box. Compared to regular text on the spreadsheet form, adding text and label using text box gives you more options on formatting and placing text. Click to select the "RECEIPT" title, the "DRAWING TOOLS / Format" ribbon tab appears, where you have full control over the style and appearance of the text box. In this sample, we simply choose one of preset WordArt Style.
- Once you've done customization on the hotel receipt template, click "Design Mode" button again on the "Invoice" ribbon tab to exit design mode. This protect the "Invoice" worksheet and hide gridlines and row/column headings.
- Click the Save button on Excel quick access toolbar to save the template.
This revised version does not change the column definitions of the original receipt template. There are still 7 columns on the form - "Room #", "Name", "Check in", "Check out", "# of Nights", "Price / Night" and "Line Total".
With this template, we've changed the number of taxes to one. This is done by clicking the Settings button on the "Invoice" worksheet, and then on the "Taxes" tab choose the proper tax type, name and rate. Does your hotel need more complex taxing options? See our tax invoice template samples that show how the taxing could be customized.
Format and Specification
|Name||Hotel Receipt Format with Blue Gradient Design|
|Release Date||Wednesday, June 29, 2016|
|Format (XLS or XLSX)||.xlsx|
|Line Height (Points)||19.50|
|Papaer Size / Orientation||Portrait|
|Default Margins (Points)|
|System||Windows 7 and later, and Excel 2007 and later.|
May 16, 2019
- Moved the "Database" and "Invoice Status" fields to the top of the form.