The template works with both the Microsoft Store edition and the desktop edition of the app. Make sure you have installed one of them.
How to use:
This template is a revised version of the House Rent Receipt Template (c1002). It is customized to print two copies of the receipt on the same form.
In the example at Two Invoices On One Template (c4067) in the multiple-page invoice templates category, we demonstrate how to print two invoices on a single page, which is achieved by referring to cell values in the original form.
This template takes a different approach. It creates the second copy by duplicating the image of the original receipt. The brief steps are described below:
- Adjust the original template so that it occupies only half of the page height.
To do this, we deleted several lines from the "Description of Property" section, leaving only three lines.
Next, the "Money Received By" and "Total Due" fields are moved to the right-hand side of the "Total Amount to be Received" section. This makes the entire receipt about half the height of an A4 sheet of paper.
- Now drag the mouse to select the entire receipt form, from the big title "RENT RECEIPT" ($G$3) to the bottom "Thank you for your business" line ($O$27).
- Press CTRL+C to copy the content to the Windows clipboard.
- Click to select the cell on $G$31.
- Go to the Excel "Home" ribbon tab. Pull down the "Paste" menu.
- From the "Other Paste Option" section, click the last option (paste linked image).
- This places the image of the copied area at the specified location. Since this is a "linked image", whenever the original receipt is updated (for example, you fill in the tenant name and address), the linked image is updated too.
A dashed line is also added to separate the two copies of the receipt. As you can see, you can easily create a duplicate copy of an existing form by using "linked images".
Format and Specification
|Format (XLS or XLSX)||.xlsx|
|Line Height (Points)||15.75|
|Papaer Size / Orientation||Portrait|
|Default Margins (Points)|