The template works with both the Microsoft Store edition and the desktop edition of the app. Make sure you have installed one of them.
How to use:
You can include a PayPal payment button on your PDF invoices to accept online payments via PayPal.
Here are the steps to follow to enable this feature:
- Open your template.
- Click the "Add or Update PayPal Button" command on the ribbon tab.
- Enter your PayPal account email address in the first text box. Note that this is the account where your customer will send money. So double-check it to make sure it is correct.
- In the "Information sent to PayPal" section, you'll find three fields.
- Item name: This field describes why the customer is paying you. The default value for this field is "Invoice Number: oknInvoiceID", where "oknInvoiceID" will be replaced with real invoice numbers when a PDF invoice is generated. You can include your company or business name here. For example, it could be "ABC Company Invoice Number: oknInvoiceID".
- Currency: This field should specify the 3-letter currency code to use. The default currency is "USD". It is implemented as a drop-down selection list. Note that Invoice Manager for Excel does not convert currency automatically. So make sure the choice in this field matches the currency used on your invoices.
- Amout: By default, this field is "oknBalanceDue". This will be the balance of the invoice that is being created.
- Click "Test" to open a browser window to verify what your customers will see when they click the PayPal payment button. In this test link, "oknInvoiceID" will be replaced with "INV100" and the amount will show "123.00".
- Click "Add or Update PayPal Button" to add the PayPal button to your Excel sheet.
- The template is now switched to design mode with the new payment button selected. You can move it to a proper location by dragging and dropping, or resize it by dragging the border of the button image.
- Once done, switch off design mode.
- Save the template.
Click here to view the sample PDF file that includes a PayPal payment button.
Here are some important notes about the PayPal payment button.
- Our app does not do currency exchange. It sends PayPal the amount taken from the form and the currency code specified in the above procedure. So make sure the currency code is correct.
- Your payment or transaction information is sent directly to PayPal. PayPal, as the payment gateway, takes a small amount as merchant fees.
- The buttons on Excel forms and image invoices (".PNG" files) don't work.
Format and Specification
|Format (XLS or XLSX)||.xlsx|
|Line Height (Points)||18.00|
|Papaer Size / Orientation||Portrait|
|Default Margins (Points)|