The template works with both the Microsoft Store edition and the desktop edition of the app. Make sure you have installed one of them.
How to use:
This form is designed to be printable on A4 paper in landscape page orientation.
As you can see from some templates in the proforma invoice templates category, the space of the description field is limited in the portrait paper orientation since there are 7 columns in the detail section: item #, Tax, Unit of Measure, Quantity, Unit Price, and Line Total.
To address this issue, one way is to wrap the text so that it can span several Excel rows. Another way is to change the paper orientation to landscape. Both methods require decreasing the number of lines on the form. In this example, we set the paper to landscape. Here are the brief steps:
- Visit the Excel Page Layout ribbon tab.
- Open the Page Setup dialog box.
- Choose "Landscape" paper orientation.
- Go to the "Invoice" ribbon tab. Push down "Design Mode".
- Adjust the column widths to make it suitable for A4 paper in landscape orientation.
- Click the Excel menu "File" and then "Print" to preview the result. Be sure to leave proper space for the top, bottom, left, and right margins.
- Hide several lines at the bottom of the form. Make sure it can be printed on a single page.
- Once done, exit design mode.
- Save the template.
Format and Specification
|Format (XLS or XLSX)||.xlsx|
|Line Height (Points)||12.75|
|Papaer Size / Orientation||Landscape|
|Default Margins (Points)|