You are safe to download the resources. We've added our digital signatures to the files.
Download this if you have already installed the Microsoft Store edition of Invoice Manager for Excel, and are looking for additional customized templates.
Download this if you want this design to be set as the default template by the installer program.
Screenshots and Images
The printed version.
Open the template in Excel.
This simple invoice template is suitable for printing on papers with letterhead. It contains both a "Bill To" and a "Ship To" sections, categorized as sales invoice template. The 4 columns on the detail section are Quantity, Description, Price and Amount.
It is a general purpose invoice format that could be used by many business types - freelancers, home business, sole traders, limited companies etc. The template has one tax set by default - GST (Goods and services tax - Canada), but you can easily change the tax name and default rate by following these steps:
- Click the Settings button on the "Invoice" ribbon tab. Note that if Excel does not show the "Invoice" ribbon tab, make sure Invoice Manager for Excel is installed, which is our invoicing software that makes the invoice template a powerful invoicing and billing software program.
- Go to the "Taxes" tab.
- First choose the tax type - one tax, two taxes or non-tax. And then set the tax names and rates.
- Click "Apply". This command modifies the template by hiding / showing tax lines and set some hidden variables to control how the tax formulas calculating taxes. If you are using a heavily customized template, where the tax lines / formulas are modified / rearranged, this command may not work properly.
Click the "Design Mode" button on the "Invoice" ribbon tab to put the template into design mode.
In the design mode, you'll see that there are 3 empty lines on the top of this simple invoice form. You can adjust the height of these lines to make it suitable for printing on your letterhead paper. There are other templates here on InvoicingTemplate.com that use the same technique for letterhead papers, such as Simple Invoice Sample - Printing on Letterhead Paper. For a general invoice template that is not designed specifically for letterhead papers, you can adjust the margins to make it suitable to be printed on your papers. Page margins are the blank spaces between the worksheet data and the edges of the printed page. Top and bottom page margins can be used for some items, such as headers, footers, and page numbers. Generally, you have to do this by following these steps:
- Use a ruler to measure the height of your letterhead (assuming the letterhead is on the top of your papers).
- Switch the template into design mode, as stated before.
- Go to Excel ribbon tab "Page Layout". In "Page Setup" group click to pull down "Margins" and then choose "Custom Margins". The "Page Setup" dialog box appears with the "Margins" tab activated.
- On the "Center on page" section, uncheck "Vertically", leave the "Horizontally" option checked.
- Enter a new margin size in the Header or Footer box. Setting the header or footer margins changes the distance from the top edge of the paper to the header or from the bottom edge of the paper to the footer. Note: The header and footer settings should be smaller than your top and bottom margin settings, and larger than or equal to the minimum printer margins.
- Print a sample invoice with your letterhead paper to check the result. Adjust the size of margins if needed.
- Once done, exit design mode.
- Save the template by clicking the Save button on Excel quick access toolbar.
Format and Specification
|Name||Simple Invoice for Letterhead Paper|
|Category||Sales Invoice Template|
|Release Date||Sunday, June 26, 2016|
|Format (XLS or XLSX)||.xlsx|
|Line Height (Points)||15.00|
|Papaer Size / Orientation||Portrait|
|Default Margins (Points)|
|System||Windows 7 and later, and Excel 2007 and later.|