The template works with both the Microsoft Store edition and the desktop edition of the app. Make sure you have installed one of them.
How to use:
This sample shows how to make a template that is suitable for printing on paper with letterhead.
To make it suitable for your letterhead papers, first you have to switch the template to design mode by clicking the "Design Mode" button on the ribbon.
In the design mode, you'll see that there are three empty lines at the top of this form. You can adjust the height of these lines to make them suitable for printing on your letterhead papers.
There are other templates that use the same technique for letterhead papers, such as Printing on Letterhead Papers (c4058).
For a general form that is not designed for letterhead papers, you can adjust the margins. Page margins are the blank spaces between the worksheet data and the edges of the printed page. Top and bottom page margins can be used for some items, such as headers, footers, and page numbers. Generally, you have to do this by following these steps:
- Use a ruler to measure the height of your letterhead (assuming the letterhead is on the top of your papers).
- Switch the template into design mode.
- Go to the ribbon tab "Page Layout". In the "Page Setup" group, click to pull down "Margins" and then choose "Custom Margins". The "Page Setup" dialog box appears with the "Margins" tab activated.
- On the "Center on page" section, uncheck "Vertically" and leave the "Horizontally" option checked.
- Enter a new margin size in the Header or Footer box. Setting the header or footer margins changes the distance from the top edge of the paper to the header or from the bottom edge of the paper to the footer. Note: The header and footer settings should be smaller than your top and bottom margin settings and larger than or equal to the minimum printer margins.
- Print a sample copy on your letterhead paper to check the result. Adjust the size of the margins if needed.
- Once done, exit design mode.
- Save the template.
Format and Specification
|Format (XLS or XLSX)||.xlsx|
|Line Height (Points)||15.00|
|Papaer Size / Orientation||Portrait|
|Default Margins (Points)|