You are safe to download the resources. We've added our digital signatures to the files.
Download this if you have already installed the Microsoft Store edition of Invoice Manager for Excel, and are looking for additional customized templates.
Download this if you want this design to be set as the default template by the installer program.
Screenshots and Images
The printed version.
Open the template in Excel.
Adding a background image or watermark can be an attractive and appealing enhancement, especially for business documents like invoices. This Simple Invoice Template with Printable Background Watermark demonstrates how to accomplish this in Microsoft Excel.
Microsoft Excel provides options for background images too. For example in Microsoft Excel 2013, you can go to the "Page Layout" ribbon tab, click the "Background" to open a dialog box where you can browse to choose a local image, or search online image.
However this type of background images are not printable. If you go to Excel menu "File" and then choose "Print", Excel shows the print preview of the current invoice template spreadsheet. However the background image set previously is not included. And for watermarks, Excel does not provide directly support for it.
There are still ways to create invoice template with printable background image or watermark. In this sample, we'll use c4074 Simple Invoice Format for Letterhead Paper here on InvoicingTemplate.com as the starting point and basic invoice template for demonstration purpose.
- As always before customizing a template you first need to back up it. To do this, simply copy the Excel template file in Windows Explorer.
With Invoice Manager for Excel installed, it is recommended to run the template in protected mode (by clicking Excel ribbon Review tab, and then click the "Protect Sheet" command, or go to the "Invoice" ribbon tab and make sure "Design Mode" is not enabled).
- In this sample, we need to change the design of the template. So click the "Design Mode" button on the "Invoice" worksheet to unprotect the sheet, display gridlines and row/column headings.
- Go to Excel "Page Layout" ribbon tab, click the expand button in the "Page Setup" group. This opens the "Page Setup" dialog box.
- Go to the "Header / Footer" tab.
- Click "Custom Header", or "Custom Footer", depending on whether you want to lay out the image from top or bottom. In this sample, we choose "Custom Header".
- Choose a section to place the image - "left section", "center section" or "right section". In this case, we click and choose "Center section".
- Click the "Insert Picture" button on the toolbar.
- Browse to and pick up your picture or watermark image from locally store, or download it online.
- The section now has a "&[Picture]" placeholder symbol. Click to select it, and then click "Format Picture" command on the toolbar (the last one).
- The "Format Picture" dialog box appears. Here you can set the size, scale ratio, cropping, color (automatic, grayscale, black & white and washout), brightness and contrast of the image.
- Once you have set the options done, click the dialog boxes.
- Go to Excel menu File / Print, you can see that the background image on the printed invoices (see screenshot images below). The background image / watermark will also be included in PDF invoices.
- To finish your design job, click the "Design Mode" button on the "Invoice" ribbon tab. Click the Save button on Excel quick access toolbar to persevere the changes.
Invoice Manager for Excel fully support the background image you added to the simple invoicing template. Which means, if you email electronical invoices in the PDF format (set this option on the Settings window of Invoice Manager for Excel), or print it by issuing the Print command, the image or watermark you added will be included too.
Format and Specification
|Name||Simple Template with Printable Watermark|
|Category||Sales Invoice Template|
|Release Date||Tuesday, June 28, 2016|
|Format (XLS or XLSX)||.xlsx|
|Line Height (Points)||15.00|
|Papaer Size / Orientation||Portrait|
|Default Margins (Points)|
|System||Windows 7 and later, and Excel 2007 and later.|