The template works with both the Microsoft Store edition and the desktop edition of the app. Make sure you have installed one of them.
How to use:
To create a valid tax invoice that meets the requirements of South African Revenue Services (SARS), the template should have been formatted in a professional way.
As detailed on the SARS (South African Revenue Services) site, in order to comply with VAT regulations, for any sale of more than R50, you have to issue a tax invoice with the word "tax invoice" printed on it. This is the most important document in the VAT system. The VAT Act prescribes that a tax invoice must contain certain details about the taxable supply as well as the parties to the transaction. This includes:
- The value of the goods or services, excluding VAT
- The VAT amount (calculated at 14% of the above amount)
- The value of the goods or services, including VAT
- The name, address, and VAT registration number of the person buying the goods or services
- And your own name, address, and VAT registration number.
If you are a service provider that does not need the shipping address section, see South African Tax Invoice Template (Service) (c4037). We are also providing a special template that is suitable for attorneys, where a "Date" column is added to the detail section. Please refer to the template at Attorney (c5067).
Format and Specification
|Format (XLS or XLSX)||.xlsx|
|Line Height (Points)||18.00|
|Papaer Size / Orientation||Portrait|
|Default Margins (Points)|